12/1/08

Not the gumdrop buttons!

Posted by Brittany

Apparently, Once upon a time. Some old lady decided to make a gingerbread man. Now, whether or not this lady was like the Dr. Frankenstein of gingerbread men, no one knows. But the story goes that said Gingerbread man morphed mid-bake into a living-breathing cookie boy/man?...
Anyways, long story short. The Gingerbread man is like "hells no, I don't want to be eaten" and he peaces out and gets eaten by a fox or something. Now, I remember thinking as a kid that I felt bad for the Gingerbread man. he was like a little cookie outlaw. public enemy #1. Totally misunderstood.
I must not be the only person that thinks so either, since our good friends at Fred have immortalized The Gingerbread man with this cookie cutter. It looks like he was in pretty bad shape when cookie mummification took place. But If I know the G. Man (as I like to call him), he is looking down from cookie heaven smiling, a big frosty smile. May the legend of the Gingerbread man never die.


4 comments:

According to Ana said...

I Laughed and cried for the g-man Colin did neither. I am starting to suspect him of fifth column activity. Honestly who doesn't think the grun blog is funny?

Brittany said...

Hmmm 5th column eh? Sounds shady. Well I am pretty sure that only 3 people read this and we all think its funny (you know who you are).

The Wilks' Family said...

Now, you have 4! I want these. I need these. How do I get these? I think they would make great neighbor gifts. Maybe I could use them when we celebrate "festivus" this year.

Brittany said...

They do make good gifts for the neighbors. I bet you could include a clever little greeting with it too. You can order them online or call me and I can do it for you.